Add your company's profile here!
Caldwell & Associates Property Management
For many client-owners, dealing with repairs and maintenance issues, the collection of monthly rent, organizing of records for tax purposes and the ongoing needs and concerns of tenants can be very time-consuming. Caldwell & Associates Property Management (Division of 2117125 Ontario Inc.) provides full property management services that ensures your valuable asset is properly maintained. Our duties and responsibilities are detailed in our Property Management Contract, and a copy is available for your review. We have provided property management services for over 15 years and it is a very important value added service. Both tenants and landlords benefit from the addition of a professional property manager - tenants' concerns about who to call and how long it will take to have a problem remedied by an absentee landlord are put to rest. The landlord is ensured that both the needs of the tenant and the proper maintenance of their property are met in a timely manner. A well-served tenant will take better care of your investment!
- Our full property management services commence as agreed in the property management contract; however, our fee commences only when a lease is in place. The property management fee for service is 8% of the monthly rent, plus HST, and is deducted from the rent we receive on your behalf every month.
- A float of $500 to $1,000.00 is required, and maintained in our Property Management Trust Account for every-day incidentals that require attention.
- On move-in and move-out a walk-through is done with the tenants and a pictorial with a written report is provided to both the landlord and the tenant.
- Any item that requires an outlay in excess of $500 must be approved by you, except in case of an emergency.
- Monthly deposits to your personal bank account for the balance of rent after deductions for any repairs and/or minor purchases and our management fee.
- Quarterly and annual statement summarizing revenues and expenses which can be forwarded to your accountant at year-end for the purpose of income tax preparation.
- Customize services to suit your needs.
- Arrange for repairs and renovations, as required.
- Inspection of your home during vacancy periods to meet insurance requirements.
Our role as Property Manager, in addition to handling the physical needs and financial management, is to be a resource for your tenant if assistance is required in any matter concerning your home. We will act on your behalf by liaising with you, your tenant and any third party who may be performing work at the property on your behalf. We have a dedicated property manager, and support staff to ensure that your property is taken care of in the manner that you deserve. Although we are more than happy to use your contractors when work is required, Caldwell & Associates has, over the years, established excellent contacts with all the associated trades. The quote we obtain is always subject to your approval. Communication is the basis of successful relationships.
Your home is one of your largest assets, and it is important that it is properly protected and maintained. Each home and homeowner has specific needs and we will be pleased to discuss them with you.